.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

BOTB RESULTS: AUG. 1, 2022 (Or, SPEED-SINGING: CASH VERSUS REUNION)

.

I gots me a "hangdog expression" on me mug because I'm two (count 'em: 2) days late with this Battle Of The Bands Results post. Sorry. Been a busy couple of days 'n' stuffs like that. But I sure appreciate everyone of youz what took the time to stop by here with yer two cents for the BOTB kitty. I had a lot of fun reminiscing while putting this Battle together and I hope all y'all enjoyed it, too.

.

The contest took place [link> HERE, and it was a "Speed-Singing" Battle between Johnny Cash's 'I've Been Everywhere' and Reunion's 'Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)'

.

.

['The Jack Daniel's Cross-Country Tour' - New York City to Los Angeles, Oct. 1983.]

.


.

[VW Bug somewhere in Georgia, Oct. 1983.]

.

I really dig BOTH of the songs I used in this Battle, but I prefer the very catchy, earwormy song by Reunion. After my vote was added in, we wound up with this Result:

.

FINAL TALLY

Johnny Cash = 6 votes 

Reunion = 6 votes

.

A tie. So, what else is new?

.

Anyway, thanks again, my friends, for making this BOTB installment a success. I will return with a new Battle on September 1st, so be here or be... banished to the 7th circle of Planet Le Pétomane!

.

~ STMcC

10 comments:

  1. I'd thought you gone on vacation or something. Glad it was nothing bad and just basically the same kind of stuff I've been dealing with. Well, same, but different I guess. Hope all is well with you.

    Your outcome was very similar to mine other than the few votes for my extra song. Otherwise we both had a tie. I'm okay with that. Don't wanna be kissing any of my sisters, but a BOTB tie is kind of okay for me.

    I sent an email to you. Hope your old address is the same. Later.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, LEE ~

      I'm really not one for vacations anymore, unless they're short ones (i.e., 3 or 4 days at the absolute most). By the Grace of God, I've found where I really want to be.

      I was celebrating The Big 6-3 on Monday, and was out of town most of the day. And then yesterday I just had some stuffs to catch up on.

      As you know, I'm really sick 'n' tired of "kissing my sister"-- er... that is to say, I'm sick 'n' tired of ties. But if I MUST have one, this wasn't a bad one to have, since I really like both songs a great deal.

      I gotcher Email. Thanks! I started to watch the video yesterday but didn't get more'n about 5 minutes into it before something interrupted me and I wasn't able to get back to it. But I'll definitely start over and watch the whole thing properly tonight.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      POSTSCRIPT: While in Virginia City on Monday, I stopped in at my favorite saloon for a couple of Whiskey-Sevens, and while I was there, they played 3 different Country-Western songs that got me thinking about possibly doing these as a 3-Way BOTB soon. And one of the 3 songs was somewhat responsible for you, Sheboyganboy and I meeting one another in the first place. (You probably remember the song in question.)

      Delete
  2. Planet Le Petomane is a gas giant... uninhabitable. Living there would stink. A Mighty Wind gusts around the surface, but we'll pass over that.

    Sorry you got another tie. I know you hate 'em. The kissing your sister analogy never worked for me, however. It always seemed that kissing one's sister would be HORRIBLE with zero upside, while the term is usually used for something both good and bad. Nope. Kissing Bonehead is way better for me than you.

    Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smell flatulence puns!

      Yes, abbalouly, kissing Bonehead would be better for you than for me. I've refused to do it, despite the 666 times she's begged me to. ;-)

      In 'THE YOGI BOOK: "I Really Didn't Say Everything I Said!"', Yogi Berra admits to having said these classics:

      "It's deja vu all over again."
      (And it actually makes some sense when considered in the context in which it was spoken.)

      "We were overwhelming underdogs."

      "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

      "We're lost, but we're making good time!"

      "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

      "If people don't want to come to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them?"

      "I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four."

      "If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."
      [This one makes artistic sense to me as well.]

      "You can observe a lot by watching."

      "You've got to be careful if you don't know where you're going because you might not get there."

      "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

      "The future ain't what it used to be."
      [But ain't *THAT* the truth?!]

      "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

      But, I did NOT find in that book the saying about a tie being like kissing one's sister. Even Yogi knew better'n that. (Or was at least smart enough to pretend he never said it.)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. Celebrating 6-3?! Cheers!
    Stepping into Country? What the -- hold my beer and count me in ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dIEDRE!

      Hold your beer?! Beer? Do you really drink beer? I had you pegged more as a white wine and champagne kinda gal. ;-)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    2. Wine, my friend? Not even in my high-heel days! I come by it naturally, though. My great g-ma was an avid beer drinker ;-)

      Delete
    3. Well, I'll be a monkey's descendent!
      You just seem so classy to me, and champagne & white wine are the classiest drinks I can think of. So, I just ASSumed.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    4. Bless your heart ;-) Sorry to disappoint. I've never chewed tobacco...

      Delete
    5. Guffaw-Out-Loud!
      Well, that's saying an awful lot.
      OK, perception restored.
      ;^D

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.