.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

BOTB RESULTS: 2020, APRIL 1 (Or, GARY PAXTON VERSUS MICHAEL CARD)

.
.
Well, I'm a day late with this Results post, doggone it! But that's because (by the Grace of God) I've still got a paying job to do. Today, however, is my day off.
.
My BATTLE OF THE BANDS (BOTB) contest took place HERE, and it pitted Gary Paxton's song 'I'M A FOOL FOR CHRIST (WHO'S FOOL ARE YOU?)' against Michael Card's song 'GOD'S OWN FOOL'.
.
I was surprised by the outcome of this Battle. I thought for sure Paxton's more gruff, Rock-styled song would beat up pretty badly on Michael Card's cleaner, higher-pitched, more heavily polished tune. But I was WRONG! (again). However, this was a pretty good contest. With 13 votes in, it was 7 to 6. The final tally looks like this:
.
Gary Paxton = 7 votes
.
Michael Card = 11 votes
.
It was a pretty good contest with a nice turnout, and I thank each and every one of you for taking time to come by here, listen, think, and vote. And I hope to see ya all here again next time.
.
Happy Easter, y'all!
.
.
Bless And Be Blessed.
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

6 comments:

  1. That race evened out fairly nicely as I though Michael Card was running away with this. Not a bad ending at all.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Michael Card jumped out to a quick lead, but Paxton covered a lot of ground pretty quickly. But then Card pulled out ahead again in Stage 3 of the voting.

      I was pretty happy with this Battle.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'STEPHEN T. McCARTHY REVIEWS...'

      Delete
  2. Nice battle, brother! truthfully, I wasn't sure how this one was going to turn out. I definitely liked Michael Card better than the other option, but I wasn't really sure that I was in the majority. I've started signing on a little bit later because I like to read some of the other comments after I make my comment. A lot of times, I'm the odd man out! I get a kick out of the very few instances where I see someone thought the same thing I did.

    But it's Maundy Thursday... I know we're going to have a good Friday... And you'll never believe what's going to happen 3 days later. It beats the heck out of any chocolate bunny ever made.

    Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DOC CHERDO.

      I actually liked both songs, but definitely thought Paxton would win going away. It's funny how, even after more than 6 years, BOTB can still be so hard to predict, although it's always the same set of voters one always gets.

      I wonder if others would have as difficult a time trying to predict how *I* would vote in certain match-ups, as I seem to have in predicting how *they* will vote.

      I have no idea what my May 1st Battle will be. But I'm really looking forward to what I have planned for June 1st (...if the country is still here).

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'STEPHEN T. McCARTHY REVIEWS...'

      Delete
  3. Stephen,

    Sorry for the late visit. I'm really behind as you can see. *sigh* My pick won! I'm surprised, too. I'm glad to read you still have a paying job. Are you working from home like the rest? DH has been since March 24th. It's a good thing I like that boy. lol Honestly, I enjoy having him at home, so this is a nice change. Thanks for sharing the results. Have a good week. Stay safe and sound, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAThy ~

      With so many people now working from home, I'm curious to see how the divorce rate might spike before long. Ha!-Ha!

      In a way, I've always been working from home, because I'm the assistant mgr. of the place where I live. My job is still pretty much the same, except that our office is closed now, so I'm just doing more work outside around the property.

      No worries about late visits. Any time is the right time.

      Bless And Be Blessed!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'STEPHEN T. McCARTHY REVIEWS...'

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.