Sunday, September 8, 2024

BOTB RESULTS: 2024, SEPT. 1 (Or, LYNYRD SKYNYRD Versus HANK WILLIAMS JR.)


.
My thanks to all the DogGs & DogGesses who took the time to visit & participate in my most recent Battle Of The Bands' Battle Of The Booze contest which took place HERE
.
Lynyrd Skynyrd's "champagne" ('What's Your Name?') was going up against Hank Williams Jr.'s "whiskey" ('Born To Boogie'). 
.
When I was a teenager, I really liked the Skynny Lyzyrds but, today, as an adult (kinda-sorta), I only like three of their songs, and 'What's Your Name?' ain't one of the three.
.
Both songs in the Battle featured horns & honky-tonk piano, but I thought they sounded better & more forceful in the Bocephus song. Plus, Bocephus also added a little Blues harmonica, which always appeals to me. 
.
Additionally, I agree with Sixgun McItchyfinger who stated that the lyrics to the Skynyrd song are "shallow and sordid". But you know what? It's really hard for a relatively unknown song to beat a big radio hit song in BOTB.
.
FINAL TALLY: 
Lynyrd Skynyrd = 8 votes 
Bocephus = 5 votes 
.
Each of these artists has now won one Battle against each other; looks to me like a future 'rubber match' may be in order.
.
Thanks again, all y'all, for playing along. I hope you'll return for my next BOTB installment on September 15th. Until then...
.
May You Bless & Be Blessed!!
.
~ STMcC 

9 comments:

  1. Good battle! Looking forward to the "rubber match"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was close enough to keep it interesting. I'll have to look through my list of songs and see what I have left by Skynyrd & Junior.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  2. Your battle wasn't horribly lopsided like mine, so I think yours turned out okay. Thanks for reporting how things went in this round. Have a bandtastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAThy ~

      Mine didn't go exactly as I had expected, but that's a good thing. BOTB would get boring for me if I always knew in advance how a contest would turn out.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. That was a very similar outcome to own. A good decision I think. And a good Battle.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOIDMAN ~

      A three-vote margin of victory will always be acceptable to me. Especially when it's a big hit song against a basically unknown recording. This could have had blowout potential but I took a chance and it worked out OK.

      Now... what to concoct for Sept. 15th? I have almost endless possibilities.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  4. You only like three now? Good battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dEAR dIEDRE ~

      Yep, only three now.
      Want to test your psychic ability and see if you can guess which three?

      I'll give you a few minor hints. Ready?:
      'T For Texas', 'Whiskey Rock-A-Roller', & 'That Smell'.

      Those are the *only* three hints I'm going to give you, so there's no point in asking me for another one! ;^D

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.