.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Saturday, December 7, 2019

BOTB RESULTS: DEC. 1, 2019 (THE RONETTES VERSUS CHICAGO)

.
STMcC’s Vote On '2019, December 1st: Battle Of The Bands' (BOTB) - Or, The Ronettes Versus Chicago - And The Final Tally:
.
.
"Ma-ma-ma-ma-cita, donde esta Santa Cleese... da vato wit da bony knees... he comin' down da street wit no choos on his feet... and he's going to..." No, no, that ain't it... 
.
HOT DOG! As I sit here drinking my morning coffee and typing up this BOTB Results page, I'm looking out my living room windows and seeing sunshine. The sky is blue and the white sh*t on the ground is starting to melt! We haven't seen sunshine here for about a week and a half! I was starting to feel like I was living in a Twilight Zone episode! 
.
My thanks to each and every one of y'all who took the time to participate in my latest Battle Of The Bands contest! You folks made it a really goot juan! The contest took place [link> HERE, and it was The Ronettes battling Chicago over the classic Holiday song 'Sleigh Ride'
.
Chicago jumped out to a quick lead but The Ronettes' sleigh - pulled by Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Chuey, Tavo, and 'Berto - soon caught up, and from that point on, we had us a real serious reindeer race on our hands! 
.
As for me, I love the song 'Sleigh Ride' so much that I think it would be difficult for someone to mess it up. And so, naturally, I enjoyed BOTH versions of the song that I used in this Battle. The Ronettes do it with so much upbeat cheerfulness that their energy rubs off on me. But... that Chicago sleigh seems so loaded with fun romance that it makes me want to climb in and go along for the ride! To me, no version of 'Sleigh Ride' could ever touch Leroy Anderson's instrumental. Leroy was the composer of the song and he got it right right from the start! But I gotta say, of all the many covers I've heard, Chicago's just might be my favorite. 
.
So here's the final tally, with my vote included:
.
The Ronettes = 8 votes
.
Chicago = 7 votes
.
.
The house psychic, Carnac The Magnificent, predicted the outcome correctly, giving him a prognosticating record of 3-2.
.
I intend to return here with another Battle Of The Bands installment on December 15th and I hope all y'all will come back again for that one. In the meantime, please have 12 hot buttered rums for me! But don't drink and drive! If you *must* drink, then crawl. 
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

7 comments:

  1. Great battle StMac!

    Your results were similar to mine, and that makes me feel purdy.... good.

    Looking forward to your battle on the 15th. Jury is still out as to what my battle will be. I have a couple of ideas, just need to give them a good shake to see what comes loose.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MMQE ~
      Yeah, this was my best Battle in awhile, and it even exceeded my expectations.

      I've got my Dec. 15th Battle all worked out. Just need to write 'er up.

      Will get over to see your Results soon.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
  2. And Stephen,

    Three words to warm you up:
    Hot
    Buttered
    Rum
    JW,
    Pooh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! It's really the "Pooh" that warmed me up! I read that name and I suddenly had a [Link> "Chris Matthews moment".

      But no, but no, but no!!!

      Funny you should mention "Hot Buttered Rum" because just yesterday I had a real good one in the company of these [Link> horses' asses.

      Er... no. Not them. I meant these [Link> horses' asses.

      NO! That's not right, either. It was *these* [Link> horses' asses!

      Yep! Them!! (Third time's a charm.)

      ~ Stephen
      DogGtor of Alcohology &
      King of Inebriation Nation

      Delete
  3. Lost my internet last week-end and now it feels like I've lost any internet enthusiasm. Sorry for my late arrival.

    This was a real squeaker, but the win for the Ronettes seems like a logical outcome.

    Now I'll start on my BOTB post for tomorrow. Damn, I've been really internet aloof of late.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, LEE.

      It's been a rough couple of months, and the recent death of friend has me pretty apathetic about everything, also. I'm just kind of dragging through the Christmas season and hoping my spirits will pick up before Christmas Day actually arrives.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.