.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2020, JAN. 15: BATTLE OF THE BANDS - SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS!

.
BATTLE OF THE BANDS (BOTB)
.
.
Shoop-Shooby -
Shooby-Duh-Dooby-Doop-Dooby-Dooby-Doo-Wah -
Buh-Doo-Wah!
.
Yes, it's time once again for Battle Of The Bands (BOTB).
.
Alright, let's get on it. Let's get ON this thing!...
.
No, no, that's not right! Actually, it's NOT time for Battle Of The Bands again for me, because (with only rare exceptions - namely "Christmastime") I only BOTB now on the 1st of each month. I DO, however, make the rounds and vote on all the Battles presented on the 15th of each month. So, if you've got a BOTB installment posted for this round, you can bet your bottom AND your bottom dollar that I'll be around to cast a vote.
.
The real reason for this blog bit is to announce some Bad News & Good News.
.
BAD NEWS:
.
If you haven't already learned, our Battle Of The Bands friend MARY BURRIS (aka "MMQE"), who is also the BOTB historian (she's made a public record of every Battle and every Battle outcome since the beginning of BOTB on August 1st, 2013!), is undergoing cancer treatments. She had cancer in the past and overcame it, but it has now returned about 5 years later.
.
This is Mary.

.
Mary's blog is [link> 'JINGLE, JANGLE, JUNGLE' and I hope you will ALL go there and post some words of encouragement to her. More *IMPORTANTLY*, I hope you will all say some prayers to God, our Creator, and Jesus Christ, our Savior, and ask Them to heal Mary Burris of her cancer, and grant her the Peace of God which surpasses all understanding!!
.
From her hospital bed, Mary Emailed to me the following:
.
Sorry for not being able to join in BOTB this time, but with luck, I will be joining in for February 1.
.
I ask every one of you to pray to God for Mary Burris!!!
.
GOOD NEWS:
.
A new-old BOTBer has (re-)joined our ranks. You old-timers probably remember KIM.
.
This is Kim.
.
Kim used to have a blog titled 'This Belle Rocks' and she rocked BOTB installments with us from December 15, 2014 until May 1, 2015. (I know that only because it's listed in the historical records of Mary Burris!) But then Kim was abducted by space alien dogs from the planet Goofy Pluto, and disappeared from BOTB. But, surreptitiously slipping some
 .
  • Ambien®, Ambien® CR (zolpidem tartrate)
  • Dalmane® (flurazepam hydrochloride)
  • Halcion® (triazolam)
  • Lunesta® (eszopiclone)
  • Prosom® (estazolam)
  • Restoril® (temazepam)
  • Rozerem® (ramelteon)
  • Silenor® (doxepin)
.
into the dog food dishes of her captors, Kim recently managed to make good her escape on a flying filly-waggit, and has returned to planet BOTB, where she belongs. 
.
Kim's new(er-ish) blog is titled 'Storms And Stardust', and there she has posted her first Battle Of The Bands installment in over four and a half years. So, please BE SURE you visit Kim's blog, congratulate her on her escape from Pluto, cast a vote in her Battle, and welcome her back to the fold. (And if you don't, the Wolfman's gonna getcha!)
.
As for me, I'll be back here again on February 1st with a very special Valentine's Day-themed BOTB installment
.
I suggest - actually I insist - you pop over to the blogs of the other 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' participants to see which songs they have chosen and vote there alsoVote your vice...   Vice your voice... 
.
Voice Your Vote...
TOSSING IT OUT by clicking HERE
MIKE'S RAMBLINGS by clicking HERE
THE SOUND OF ONE HAND TYPING by clicking HERE
@ JINGLE JANGLE JUNGLE by clicking HERE
@ THE DOGLADY'S DEN by clicking HERE
@ CHERDO ON THE FLIPSIDE by clicking HERE
@ CURIOUS AS A CATHY by clicking HERE
@ AI LOVE MUSIC by clicking HERE
@ STORMS & STARDUST by clicking HERE
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy 
.

15 comments:

  1. Stephen,

    I wondered if you had heard the mews about our good friend, Mary. I also mentioned her set back on my site today. I hate like crazy that she's dealing with this but I know everything is in God's hands and I'm trusting Him. Please do keep the updates coming, as well I will do my best to touch base with our gal, too. See ya back on the 1st of February, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CATHY ~
      I do not have a Facebook account, and I know MMQE has been updating people at that site. But I have been in regular contact with her via Email.

      I am praying daily for her.
      I sent her a couple of eye-opening books about cancer a year or two ago, and after she beats this thing again, I am going to INSIST she read the books I bought for her. Uncle Scam loves the fact that thousands die from cancer every year; and the doctors love making millions of dollars from their B.S. cancer treatments. And the whole thing really pisses me off because there's just no reason for this to be ongoing when the truth about cancer has been revealed and out there for decades!!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
    2. Stephen,

      Cancer treatments are so hard on the body. Last year two of my uncles' wives died from cancer within less than a month of each other. I don't know for sure if it's related but they both worked at the same factory which causes some suspicion in my mind. I've heard of some things not to do when fighting cancer or maybe it's certain kinds. DH's uncle has prostate cancer and I believe he avoided red meats because that wasn't good for some reason. I wish I knew more about it. Hopefully, I'll never need to know this for me personally but it's good information to share with others in that boat, though. You're a good friend to buy those books for our Mary and as soon as she's well again then do get after to read them. :)

      Delete
    3. HiYa, CATHY ~
      Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family last year. 2019 was very rough on nearly everyone I know. It seemed largely to be about death and divorce.

      The abstaining from red meat was actually probably a good thing for DH's uncle, overall. Our bodies have a difficult time digesting that, and then when one adds in all the hormones and "weird science" that goes into putting "meat on our tables" - well, it's a scary scenario (and only one of the reasons I became a vegetarian back in late 1985).

      There's a lot of GOOD news out there about natural cancer prevention and remedies, but one must first get past the hype of the mainstream media and mainstream medical practices in order to consider the possibility that (as is usually the case) "common knowledge" is wrong!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
  2. Mary has been documenting her health crisis on Facebook. How terrible this monster disease has returned! She's a strong woman and a survivor, so I've no doubt she will get through this.

    I noticed Kim's BOTB post in your sidebar and voted already. Nice to have another participant!

    Thanks for the updates, Stephen. My BOTBs are still on the 15th only, but I'll make sure to check out your Valentine's Day edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEBBIE ~
      Yes, it's terrible that Mary is going through this again. I attempted to "Red-Pill" her about cancer a year or two ago, but I don't think she was taking me seriously back then. Hopefully, after she recovers from this completely unnecessary disease, our friend will take a good, long, serious look at the information I placed in her hands awhile back, and will therefore never experience a cancer recurrence again.

      Debbie, I was being pretty facetious about a "Valentines-themed" BOTB from me. I *WILL* be posting a January 15th Battle, but it won't really be about love & valentines. Bah, humbug!! ;-D

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
    2. Red pill? Not sure what that is. Perhaps something about the theory that an actual cancer cure does exist but is being suppressed because the healthcare industry would lose millions? That would not surprise me at all. I just hope Mary will emerge triumphant from this latest battle.

      I'm not a fan of bogus, made up holidays, either. Valentine's Day was likely invented by the retail industry. :P We've never acknowledged it (married 46+ years). Love should be celebrated year round, on your own terms. Humbug, is right!

      Delete
    3. DEBBIE ~
      "Red-Pilled" has become a popular term in certain circles over the last 15 or so years. It's actually primarily political in nature, and it is derived from the 1999 movie 'The Matrix'.

      But I sometimes apply the term to many various realms of knowledge, not just political. (Although, in a sense, almost everything is really political, and everything political is really S/spiritual. But that's a story for another day. ;o)

      But, yes, you're right about cancer prevention and cures existing and being known for a long time, but being suppressed by the people and organizations who would lose billions of dollars if the world found out about the relatively very inexpensive alternatives to chemo and radiation and surgery. That is *EXACTLY* what I was implying when I used the term "Red-Pilled" above.

      If you want your mind blown wide open, I recommend reading the same books I sent to Mary once upon a time ago:

      'WORLD WITHOUT CANCER' by G. Edward Griffin

      'ALIVE AND WELL' by Dr. Philip Binzel, Jr.

      And, yeah, I don't need the Hallmark company to remind me to tell the woman I love that I love her. Thanks anyway, Hallmark! I'm sure your heart was in the right (greedy) place!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends'

      Delete
  3. Aw, bless her heart. Thoughts and prayers her way. May her strength see her through yet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dIEDRE ~
      I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for our friend Mary. I am praying for her daily and really in her corner! She has been communicating with me via Email and I can say that she has a fantastic attitude, so I am very hopeful that she will again knock out the asshole in this rematch! [;-D

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! I am making my rounds currently, and can't wait to visit everyone and vote in their battles!

    It is good to be back from Pluto, LOL!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIM ~
      I've heard from many people who have been there that Pluto really sucks. So, I have no doubt that you are ecstatic about having escaped. I'm sure that someday Hollywood will make a movie about your misadventures and your escape from Pluto. And knowing how awesomely creative Hollywood is these days, I'm sure the movie will be titled 'Escape From Pluto'.

      Someday, you'll be famous, but I will be able to tell people, "I knew her when... she hadn't yet been kidnapped and imprisoned on Pluto! She used to interact with me on the Internet. Of course, now that she's famous, she won't even acknowledge that she ever knew me."
      ;-D

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete
    2. Aw, I'll never not acknowledge you!

      Pluto was so cold. I hate "southern" cold weather, so you know that place was miserable.

      Kim

      Delete
  5. Stephen~

    Thank you for your kind words here. As you might know (I think I mentioned it to you) I have now been discharged from the hospital. I am still doing radiation treatments 5 times a week. The treatment doesn't take much time, in fact I spend more time traveling to and from than I do for the actual treatment.

    Now that the emergent part of this is over (I literally should have been dead when I made it to the ER - over the course of 8 days I was given 13 units of blood) we are working on putting a stop to this ugly beast!

    My spirits are good, joking with everyone daily. My last night at the hospital, the nurses thought it was hilarious when I rang for 'my nightly meds (a melatonin to help me sleep) and turn down service'. I feel quite guilty that for as serious as my condition, I feel so well.

    I so appreciate everyone's comments and well wishes. It truly makes me feel good inside knowing others care and are willing to take a moment of their day to put in a good word with the Lord above on my behalf.

    I had a specific song in mind for my battle on the 1st, but given my circumstances, I've decided to go with something a little different. Super Cheese song, but absolutely fitting.

    Thanks again for all that you have done.

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMQE ~
      I am so pleased to learn that you are now home from the hospital. (A hospital is no place for a sick person!)

      I love the fact that you are in such good spirits and are retaining your sense of humor. Attitude has been absolutely documented to have a huge impact on the healing process.

      You, my friend, are going to get through this, if I have anything to say about it. And what I have to say about it is everything I am speaking to our Creator about on a daily basis. He is on the playing field, along with His Son whom He has given all authority to in Heaven and on Earth. Every day I mentally place you in the Arms of Jesus Christ and in the Hands of God, Who is Real, Eternal, Almighty Love!

      Hang in there, and we'll keep praying, and looking forward to your return to BOTB.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...'

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.