.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Thursday, June 8, 2023

BOTB RESULTS: JUNE 1, 2023 (Or, ALPHA RHYTHM KINGS VERSUS SWINGABELLA)


.
Howdy-Doody!
My most recent Battle Of The Bands installment took place HERE and it was a goot juan! Many of the voters said they really enjoyed both versions of Choo Choo Ch'Boogie and that it wasn't easy choo-choo-choosing between them. This makes me happy because (other than those times when I used the B-52s, Joan Jett, and Pete Seeger), it is never my intention to make BOTB a chore for my listeners to participate in.
.
The Irish Andrews Singers Swingabella came out swinging and smacked the Alpha Rhythm Kings in the face with the first five votes. That's when the Alpha Rhythm Kings woke up and realized that this wasn't a damn show, that it was a damn fight, and they started swinging back.
.
When the bell ending the final round rang and the smoke cleared, the judge's scorecard looked like this:
.
FINAL TALLY:
Alpha Rhythm Kings = 5 votes
Swingabella = 7 votes

.
Like so many of the voters, I also really dig BOTH renditions of this song quite a bit. My own vote went to the ARK primarily because of the chugging sax solo (saxophone is my second favorite musical instrument) and because this version was just a wee li'l bit slower, which I felt better highlighted the clever lyrics.
.
Anyway, as always, my genuine thanks to every one of all y'all who took the time to stop by and participate in my Battle. I appreciate your contributions. And I intend to return here again on July 1st with yet another installment of BOTB. Until then, may you...
.
Bless & Be Blessed!! 
(e.g., try not to punch anybody in the nose).
.
~ D-FensDogG (a.k.a. STMcC)

10 comments:

  1. Way to show us how it's done, Maestro McC! I loved the train theme, and while I'd never heard of either contender, I really enjoyed them both. I don't know where you (Lee does it too) come up with such unique and talented bands. Is it a secret or an acquired knack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dIEDRE ~

      >>... Maestro McC!

      Ha! Hey, I think I likes that. Thanks! ;^)

      "Luck" is the answer to your question.
      No, seriously, I have a pretty wide interest in a good number of different musical genres. So I know there's an awful lot of high quality stuffs to choose from.

      Until I turned 25 or 26, all I cared about was the Rock music du jour. But then I got seriously interested in Blues and Jazz, and Jazz alone contains a number of subgenres. My Pa (and Waylon Jennings) turned me onto a lot of Country music. So I'm pretty much all over the musical map.

      Fun Fact: My June 1st Battle was originally intended to be a Gospel song with the contenders being Mahalia Jackson and Elvis Presley. But then I got the impression that this would have been a blowout, so I switched tracks. ;^)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  2. Nice outcome with my favorite coming out ahead. Now onward towards summer. I'm planning to start doing a midmonth Battle again since I've got my traveling for this year done and out of the way. Now I need to get out of my laziness rut and start blogging a bit more. Or maybe not.

    Hope your summer goes well.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEE ~

      This contest looked like a blowout in the making but then turned around very suddenly. Funny how often that seems to happen in my Battles. As soon as I start second-guessing myself and thinking "Perhaps I missed the boat on this match-up" it immediately becomes competitive. Not always, but often.

      My Summer is off to a slow start... and I hope it stays slow.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. Looks like I backed the loser on this one, but at least it wasn't a blowout, like you anticipated, initially. Finally got my results posted too. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEBBIE ~

      You were the one who opened the gates with your vote and got the Alpha Rhythm Kings rolling.

      Sometimes all it takes is one rebel to start a trend. ;^D

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  4. Stephen,

    Hooray, Swingabella won! Honestly, I didn't think that they would but I really liked them so it didn't matter. I'm sorry for not making my rounds sooner. It's just been busy on this end. Thanks for digging around on my site to my find results post. Have a good Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, CAThy!
      I love your participation and the person you are, and it's always a pleasure to interact with you, regardless of time.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  5. Tu eres mi hermano!

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.