.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

BOTB RESULTS: MAY 1, 2024 (Or, TOM & BETTE MIDLER VS. TOM & CRYSTAL GAYLE)

.
Well, hoot 'n' holler!
Got change for a dollar? 
If not, I'll ask Rockefeller.
.
My 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 9th BATTLE OF THE BANDS' Battle Of The Booze contest took place HERE. It may have been Chihuahua-like, but it warn't no dog!
.
We talked about horse racing; 99-cent Margaritas; me ol' pal, General Poohregard; my dearly missed friend, Martin Brumer; and we also yakked about movies & music. And I thanks each 'n' every one o' youse who came by to listen and vote. It was a nice turnout!
.
After adding in my own vote for Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle (I'm sure my vote came as no surprise to anyone), the BOTB outcome was very much like what I had anticipated:
.
FINAL TALLY: 
Tom Waits & Bette Midler = 4 votes
Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle = 9 votes
.
Waits & Gayle will advance to the post-season playoffs round. And on May 15th I expect to return here again for a very high-energy old school-like Rock 'n' Roll contest in the "Rockabilly" style. I hopes all y'all will return here, too! 
.
Until then, may you all...
.
Bless & Be Blessed 
and Cheech & Chong!
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy 
(Or a reasonably unreasonable facsimile thereof. Doeth thou understandeth?)

8 comments:

  1. Not a surprising outcome, but at least it wasn't a blowout! Mine was a disaster. 🤯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HiYa, DEBBIE! ~

      Actually, to my way of thinking, any Battle that ends with a five-vote or greater differential between the winner and loser is officially a blowout. So, unfortunately, I do consider this Battle to have been a blowout. But I actually expected it, and... I've had worse! :^D

      I think my next contest on May 15th may be a pretty tight race.

      Now, I'm off to check up on your self-proclaimed "disaster".

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  2. Good battle, Stephen T! I love it when the side I go for wins ;-)
    Now that you mention it, you were quite chatty this go around. I was real sorry to hear about your buddy Martin. Nonetheless, we all (I'm sure) enjoy your stories of life and friendships - Oh! and music and drinking ;-)
    Rockabilly, huh? I'm definitely coming back for that. Not sure I can scrape a post together for me, though. Happy springtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dEAR dIEDRE ~

      >>... "you were quite chatty this go around."

      No, no. I was yakky, not chatty. Real Men don't chat, they yak.

      >>... "your stories of life and friendships - Oh! and music and drinking"

      Wait 'til we get to my July 1st Battle. I got a goot story for *that* one!

      I know quite a lot of music, but I know even mo' 'bout drinkin'.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    2. Aw, no harm intended. "Chatty" just flowed better than "conversed" - or even "Yak", like what the cat does behind the sofa ;-)

      Delete
    3. Ha! It must be a male cat. ;^)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. Well, that's the outcome I wanted. Crystal is a lot better looking than Bette and I like her better too.

    Your outcome ratio was very similar to my own.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEE ~

      This certainly wasn't a competitive Battle, but I figured it wouldn't be, so it doesn't leave me disappointed. I liked the concept behind this Battle too much to pass on it, even though I was pert-dern sure how it would turn out. (My Brother's vote, however, came as a real shocker to me. So that was interesting.)

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.