.
Welcome back, my friends, to the "Battle" that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
.
This is 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS' ('BOTB') where you listen to different recordings and vote for the one you like best. A new Battle gets posted on the 1st of each month and on the 7th, I place my own vote, tally 'em all up and announce the winner.
.
Friend? Foe? Stranger? No matter, ALL are welcome. So pull up a chair, pour yourself 24 oz. of DOG BITE High Gravity Lager (or the poison of your choice) and turn it up to Eleven!
.
[NOTE: Links to the first year of 'BOTB' (#1 - #24) can be found at the very bottom of this page.]

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

BOTB RESULTS: 2023, FEB. 1 (Or, DR. JOHN VERSUS GREG & STEVE)

.
.
So, the results are in. But first of all, my sincere thanks to everyone who took the time to participate in my latest Battle Of The Bands contest which played out HERE.
.
It was Round 3 in my ongoing $ilver Dollar $aloon $ong Challenge, and it featured Dr. John's 'Right Place, Wrong Time' against Greg & Steve's 'Three Little Pigs' Blues.
.
This one was really just for kicks. Having heard 'Three Little Pigs' Blues for the first time being played in a BAR, I found it so ticklesome (did I just invent a word?) that I couldn't resist putting it up against Dr. John's song. However, The Good Doctor's victory was a foregone conclusion in my mind.
.
Like most other voters, I too gave my "bote" to our currently reigning champion, Dr. John. But it tickles me that the three Little Pigs acquired three little votes:
.
FINAL TALLY
Dr. John = 10 votes
Greg & Steve = 3 votes
.
Let's close this out with one more listen to the 'Three Little Pigs' Blues, this time with some fun & enthusiastic audience participation:
.
.
Please join me again on March 1st for another installment of the Song Challenge from the $aloon where "Dogs are welcome, and People are tolerated".
.
.
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy

16 comments:

  1. If I hadn't seen the original votes I'd have thought the 3 pigs voted for themselves.

    Sometimes it's worth doing the Battle even though the outcome seems pretty obvious. I've done a few myself.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEE ~

      Over six decades,
      I've learned my lesson well:
      You see, you can't please everyone,
      So you've got to please yourself.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephen T.!
    I have it on good authority that while the three adorable little pigs lost a lighthearted battle, their homes remain standing - and I have two new battle ideas - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sense of optimism is an ever-present joy in the face of my eternal half-empty glass. ;^)

      I'm pleased as spiked punch that I somehow, somewhere, inspired mo' match-ups of the BOTB variety!

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  3. It was a fun battle, even though the outcome was easy to predict. ☺ LOVE the Silver Dollar Saloon's motto! 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEBBIE D'DOGLADY ~

      I knew that you - more'n most - would be able to appreciate the $ilver Dollar $aloon's slogan. I used to think it was just a joke until the day I found myself sitting at the bar with a Saint Bernard and his Chihuahua girlfriend.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    2. GOLDENSHADOW Test, 1, 2, 3, ...uh... uhm... FOUR!

      GOLDENSHADOW - 1 - full photo
      :img:https://i.imgur.com/XXoLcIY.jpg:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 1 - close-up
      :img:https://i.imgur.com/yV1JCtm.jpg:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 2 - full photo
      :img:https://i.imgur.com/rbs7Nc2.jpg:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 2 - close-up
      :img:https://i.imgur.com/MVNbgHl.jpg:eimg:

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Sergeant at Arms of
      'The Regal Order of the Golden Door to Good Fellowship'

      Delete
    3. GOLDENSHADOW Test, 5, 6, 7, ...uh... uhm... EIGHT!

      GOLDENSHADOW - 1 - full photo
      :img:https://imgur.com/XXoLcIY:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 1 - close-up
      :img:https://imgur.com/yV1JCtm:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 2 - full photo
      :img:https://imgur.com/rbs7Nc2:eimg:

      GOLDENSHADOW - 2 - close-up
      :img:https://imgur.com/MVNbgHl:eimg:

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Sergeant at Arms of
      'The Regal Order of the Golden Door to Good Fellowship'

      Delete
    4. Test #9, #9, #9, #9, #9...

      :img:https://4.bp.blogspot.com/--XubNxuJacs/WbZyrPWLAzI/AAAAAAAAR1E/E24VofFuC7MR7qum3qvtH_ImRFSAiGFcgCLcBGAs/s1600/FoxVenice-USC-51.jpg:eimg:

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Sergeant at Arms of
      'The Regal Order of the Golden Door to Good Fellowship'

      Delete
    5. FINAL TEST: #10

      :img:https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CQ9OJJxBWNA/VBY_-c1wrSI/AAAAAAAAICU/WMi3q4JqdW4/s200/BOTB.jpeg:eimg:

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Sergeant at Arms of
      'The Regal Order of the Golden Door to Good Fellowship'

      Delete
    6. Hi Stephen, I see you're still having trouble with the image embeds. Check your email.

      Delete
    7. IMAGE TEST Cranked "Up To Eleven"

      Hmmm....

      "Comment contains tags or attributes that are not allowed".

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
  4. I was on the wrong side this round but I'm sticking to my vote. Three Little Pigs Blues is not only a fun title but not a bad blues song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAThy ~

      I agree. I think the theme alone fits right in with the Blues. When a Big, Bad Wolf blows your house down... that's the "blues" right there!

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.